zine_ typically a self-published not-for-profit magazine. Heterogeneity characterizes the zine world, which spawns diversity in format, size, scope, purpose, and periodicity (often erratic). In my opinion, one of the best attributes of many zines is honesty. Zines form out of passion, not profit, and so a reader often finds viewpoints and ideas not commonly found in commercial magazines. A zine can provide refreshing purity of content in comparison with the watered-down mainstream media
- "The word resist is interestingly equivocal. I...
- [rowan's] the·sis (thē'sĭs) n. pl. the·ses (-sē...
- the nearlybooks and the unmachine
- thanks ian david maisal history's shadow
- found place once loved up close, loved now in...
- the first butterfly of 2010?
- william anastasi
- [above: cesar daly drawing]...
- rebecca horn campbelle and brett_shadow drawing...
- zine_ typically a self-published not-for-profit m...
- ▼ April (10)